Lead Engineer - UnityApply
Details of this position:
As a Lead Engineer at Outplay, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of talented engineers, overseeing the development of mobile games, and ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality products.
You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including game designers, artists, and project managers, to bring innovative and engaging mobile gaming experiences to life.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support to foster their professional growth and development.
- As part of the team made of Lead and Principal Engineers, you will work closely with the Engineering Manager to build the engineering vision and strategies of the Engineering Department.
- You will oversee and contribute to the entire lifecycle of game development, from concept and design to implementation, testing, release, and live ops, ensuring adherence to project timelines and quality standards.
- You will collaborate with the stakeholders of the development team to translate game concepts and ideas into technical requirements and specifications.
- You will conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain high coding standards and ensure the production of efficient and optimized code.
- You will participate in project planning, estimation, and resource allocation, providing technical insights and recommendations to ensure successful project execution.
- You will participate in the engineering hiring process to help filter and select candidates for engineering roles across the studio.
- You will foster a collaborative and innovative team environment, promoting knowledge sharing, cross-team collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- You will collaborate closely with the quality assurance team to define and implement comprehensive testing strategies to ensure the delivery of bug-free and polished mobile games.
- You possess strong proficiency in mobile game development, Unity and C#.
- You possess solid understanding of game and software development principles, including gameplay mechanics, AI, physics, networking, and optimization techniques.
- Experience with mobile game monetization strategies and their KPIs is a plus, including experience with in-app purchases, ads, and analytics integration.
- You are focused on producing high-quality work.
- You have strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and drive the development process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify, analyse, resolve complex technical issues, and assess and mitigate risks.
- You can shift between micro-and macro-level views of the project as needed. You can adapt to changes in production resources, project scope, and goals.
- You can identify the skills and strengths of your team members along with the areas that requires development.
- You take pride in and enjoy developing other engineers to deliver excellence in line with Outplay best practice.
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. and are the latest titles in the portfolio, bringing more of the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games, Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexi Hybrid working model
- Enhanced Parental leaves
- Worldwide travel insurance
- Private health and dental care
- Wellbeing resources
- 33 days Holidays
- Learning and Development
Working at Outplay:
We have a flexible hybrid work model at Outplay, prioritising flexibility, inclusion, health and enjoyment. With our work model, our roles can be fulfilled with the flexibility to choose to relocate to work fully onsite in Dundee or in a hybrid mode, either locally or from anywhere in the UK or European work locations.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.