Mystery Match is one of our most popular games and we are looking for a skilled Artist to join this fantastic team. If you know Casual mobile games and have a vision for the next generation of social mobile games then this game is for you!
Outplay is looking for an artist with strong, referable animation and illustration skills to Lead within our Casual games group. Working within an ambitious project team, you will apply your creative, technical art skills and flair to create fun, addictive games with visually compelling and distinctive designs.
With the ability to learn new skills as required, along with the ability to impart skills and knowledge to both art and non-art team members. You will be the Art cheerleader for the product and drive the visuals forward through positive re-enforcement of aesthetic and technical standards.
We are looking for you to come with the following talent:
- Extensive digital illustration (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
- Strong 2D Animation skills (Esoteric Spine, Adobe Photoshop)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ready to adapt in a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative working environment.
- Develops a referable, appropriate art pipeline designed to be as modular as possible, so that assets and processes can be repeated later and not tied necessarily to one individual.
- Able to take direction well and, as required, constructively provide direction and guidance to others.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environments.
- Experience developing art for online, mobile, casual and/or social games.
- Mentoring skills to assist with skill development and mentoring of internal artists
- Knowledge of current mobile, Facebook and casual games and passion and vision to help craft the next generation of social mobile games.
- Adobe After Effects
- Experience in creating UI visuals
- Outsource management experience
- Visual FX
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 100 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the TIGA 2017 Best Strategy Game for Castle Creeps TD and was recognised as one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games Outplay is just getting started.